CTE has partnered with University of California-Berkeley Transportation Sustainability Research Center (TSRC) and seven other organizations to develop a Northern California Center for Alternative Transportation Fuels and Advanced Vehicle Technologies (NorthCAT). The NorthCAT team will develop the physical space and institutional arrangements (the “infrastructure”) for the education, training, demonstration, and full-scale deployment of alternative transportation fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in the Northern California region. Separately funded efforts will be added starting in 2014, creating a suite of activities that offer clients education, training, project facilitation and project pilot/deployment/evaluation services.
Project partners include:
- University of California–Berkeley Institute of Transportation Studies, Richmond Field Station (RFS) in Richmond, CA
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) in Berkeley, CA;
- Schatz Energy Research Center at Humboldt State University (HSU) in Arcata, CA;
- Prospect Silicon Valley (ProspectSV) center in San Jose, CA;
- Bevilacqua-Knight Inc./California Fuel Cell Partnership (BKi and CaFCP) in Sacramento, CA;
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD); and
- CalCharge consortium
Click here to visit the NorthCAT website.